Sunday, September 28, 2008

On Karma

I have heard frequently…. “Do I deserve to go through this much of hardship in my life?? Did I ask for this kind of life??? Why only I suffer???
Even I have asked these questions, in my early days....but, now I fully understand and I thank GOD for this. For the benefit of my fellow friends, this
is what Sri Sarada Ma have said and I trust, reading and understanding this would help you………..


Karma or the result of past actions is divided into three categories – Prarabdha, Agami and Sanchita. Prarabdha is that which has already begun to fructify; Agami is that which is ready to fructify; and Sanchita is that which is stored up or held in reserve. It is illustrated by a familiar example from archery. Prarabdha is like an arrow that has left the bow; it must strike the target. Agami is like an arrow that is attached to the bow string; it must strike the target to be released, but can be withheld. And Sanchita is like the arrows in the quiver; it is held in reserve.

Devotee asked : The Mother whether Prarabdha Karma could be counteracted by the repetition of the Name of God.

Mother : One must experience the result of Prarabdha Karma. No one can escape it. But Japa or repetition of God’s holy Name minimizes its intensity. It is like the case of a man who is destined to lose his leg, but instead suffers only from the prick of a thorn in his foot.
/>

No comments: