Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gardening Tips

I have just started gardening and with the little time that I have I have managed to plant some long beans, okra, gongura, and tomatoes... Planning on more this weekend..

These are some of the tips, that I have picked along my search... Hope you find this helpful :


1 Plant the tomato and asparagus nearby.
2 Give your tomato plants a gentle shake once the flowers appear to help the pollination process that leads to juicy tomatoes.
3 Tomatoes benefit from a low-nitrogen mix high in potassium and phosphorus .
4. Roses are hungry plants. Need to top up the fertilizers once every 2 weeks.
5. Keep the roses plants well maintained, by cutting the faded flowers, yellowish leaves and browning stems.
6. Lotus leaves needs to be trimmed, as not to crowd the pot, to ensure more flowers.


This is all for now...
/>

No comments: