Thursday, August 28, 2008

Long Bean

I was doing my weekly, weekend task of plucking some of the long bean leaves. I believe it would encourage more beans to grow, if there are less leaves. This is when Prami told me that the young leaves is cooked and ate in her home town, Indonesia…. I was thrilled, never knew this can also made into a dish…. But she was afraid that we might not like the taste…… Whatever it is, I decided to give it a try and cooked the young leaves of the long beans….

I stir fry these like the mustard green, with onion, garlic,ginger and a little shredded coconut towards the end. The tasted was different but it was nice....Planning to cook again in future. I can now proudly add another green leave in the stir fry list....








I read, that the leaves of chili's are also good for stir fry.....Next in the list, to be experimented...
/>

No comments: