Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Navarathri

It is the 1st day of Navarathri, the 9 night prayer to Sakti. The first 3 days to Durga Devi, the subsequent 3 days to Sri Lakshmi and the last 3 days to Sri Saraswathy.

I am observing fast today and hoping with HER blessing would be able to fulfill the vratam for 9 days….I am looking forward for the evening poojai.
Planning to cook pongal to impress Durga Maa today and will perform my japaam with Her beeja mantra,' Aaim hreem kleem Chamundayai Vichihe' and continue with my meditation….





“IT is good to love God for hope of reward, but it is better to love God for love’s sake; and the prayer goes: O Lord, I do not want wealth nor children nor learning. If it be Thy will, I shall go from birth to birth. But grant me this, that I may love thee without the hope of reward - ’love’ unselfishly for love’s sake.”
Swami Vivekananda
/>

No comments: