Wednesday, November 19, 2008

EDUCATION

The 3rd term holidays has just started, and my children have been in their joyous mood. My eldest daughter will be starting her Standard 1 in Jan next year and my youngest daughter will be attending her 2nd year in Kindergarten.

How fast they grow…….. I hope, we can fulfill the role entrusted to us to educate them, with the blessings of my Guru and the Almighty…..

Swami Vivekananda points out, Education is not the amount of information that is put into your brain and runs riot there, undigested all your life. We must have life-building, man-making and character-making assimilation of ideas. If you have assimilated five ideas and made that your life and character, you have more education than any man who has got by heart a hole library.

Swami also said Education, education, education alone! Traveling through many cities of Europe and observing in them the comforts and education of even the poor people, there was brought to my mind the state of our own poor people, and I used to shed tears. What made the difference? Education was the answer I got. Through education comes faith in one’s own self, and through faith on one’s own self, the inherent Brahman is waking up in them, while the Brahman in us is gradually becoming dormant.

Please bless and guide us through this journey………
/>

1 comment:

ybr (alias ybrao a donkey) said...

Information does not make brain strong. Eating turtles and shad fish makes brain strong, as happened to Swami Vivekananda. (Proof: Pl. see his Epistles)