Monday, March 7, 2011

Swami Vivekananda : Human and Divine

I was telling my daughters the other day,that Swami Vivekananda likes to eat chocolate ice cream and he dislikes guavas and loves to laugh out loud. My daughters did not belief me at first but then, they got excited, and wanted to know more of Swami Vivekananda's likes and dislikes. I have to admit that I was also excited and wanted to know more of the human side of Swami Vivekananda. Therefore 'Swami Vivekananda: Human and Divine' by Sister Gargi became our reading just before we go to bed........Below are a little from the book;

There are many incidents in Swamiji's life in which he seems indeed to have been human in the sense that we are human. For instance, he could grow thunderously angry, furiously impatient; he could be deeply personal in his love, establishing a closer relationship with some than with others; he could be keenly hurt by betrayal and grieved by the loss of someone close to him; he could laugh uproariously and be extremely witty; he could be disconcertingly changeable, altering his plans at a moments notice; he had decided likes and dislikes - he had a great fondness for chocolate ice-cream and Tabasco Sauce, (presumably not together) and he dislikes guavas. Those are a few of the traits in Swamiji that seem human to us and that we find so endearing- and sometimes heartbreaking.

The above are some of the interesting notes about Swamiji, however you have to read the entire passage to experience the joy and really understand the Humanity and Divinity in HIM.

Happy reading.
/>

2 comments:

Murugaprabu said...

I am a college student. I am in absolute love with your blog. I am a big time fan of swami vivekananda. I have no words for posting this content online. It has lifted my spirits. Your kids and family are lucky to have a member like you.

Sankri said...

Thank you Murugaprabu. All the praise to the Holy Trinity. Yeap,only those that has experinced his divine love (SV) can cherish it.