Monday, September 22, 2008

Me, my cough and my running nose.....

I have been down with cough and flu for almost 3 weeks now…. It was annoying to had to cough as frequent as twice every 1 minute and blow the nose in between the coughing and my stomach , throat and nose was the most pitiful, as they had to suffer the impact….

I also had the privilege of keeping my neighbors (in the bus, that we commute) entertained with my off chord cough and
my wonderful husband during the night and also my colleagues in my cubicle during the office hours..

After one week, went to the clinic and obtained medicine, but this proved to be unfruitful…. Then my childhood friend suggested that I take cow milk with turmeric, sugar and pepper, I did
not pay much attention to this initially, but when the clinic medicine failed, started to take the milk mixture…Saw some difference but still did not cure…Later, came my sister, with her blend mix…She asked me to blend 1 pcs of lemon grass, 1 pcs of turmeric leave, 2 pcs of celery and 1 pcs of green apple…Was surprised that it was a little bitter…but took twice, once in the morning and again in the night… still my cough did not stop…

And I am in the third week, still coughing but not as bad as the first week….. Hoping to recover fully from this cough by end of this week… Either one or all the remedies above from my loved ones must have helped to reduce the cough…. And of course the prayers to the Almighty……

During this time:

1. My loved ones really care for me. Well that is why they are in my ‘loved list’ first place….. My childhood friend sends me e-mail reminding me to take the milk mixture and my sister calls me everyday checking on me and hubby gets me water, my medicine and etc without being told….

2. My colleagues were extra nice to me, by giving me all kinds of cough sweets, candies and lozenges from all over the world without me asking…..

3. I normally drink only about 2 liter of water everyday, but due to the cough, I forced myself to take more water and yes, I have managed to drink about 4.5 liter of water for the past 2 weeks now…..and am planning to stick to this.

4. To quote what my friend have wrote to me ‘Health should always be our first priority instead of last…….
/>

No comments: