Wednesday, September 24, 2008

MAKING A GARLAND

I make flower garland, poo charam, whenever time permits me. But now the flower garden has endless blooming, Thanks to Mother Earth. With these plentiful flowers, I felt the poo charam was not elegant enough….I wanted to make a flower garland, poo maalai…I was excited with this idea…..So on Monday night, I took strings, thread and flowers and went to Poojai room to start making the flower garland…. Although, I have never done a maalai before…I have seen the flower vendors, a thousand times making the maalai while I wait to buy my maalai…and I thought this was good enough for me to start making one of my one..After 20 mins, I realize, I was silly to base on my memory only and without guidance from the expert, I would never be able to make a poo maalai…

One of the vendors refused to teach me. It took me a lot of courage to ask him in the first place and I was a little hurt, when he turned me down …Since then, I have been asking around, among my friends and also searching the net, YouTube and leaving notes in blogs that deals with flower art crafts, but I have not got any positive reply yet….

Vinayagar, I know making the moodagam was a trial and YOU helped me through and now trying to make maalai… seems to be another milestone….. Pls grace me…

I am desperately trying to learn this before the Navarathri starts……Will it happen????

I wanted to very much adorn THEM with the maalai done by me, fresh everyday....

FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH
/>

No comments: